Sunday, June 14, 2015

Auto races 6.14.15


JUNE 15,1901

No doubt George McQuesten had a lot to do with the "club run" destination at the Eastern Yacht Club...

He and his son Frederick both had summer homes on Marblehead neck.   

George, who lived in Brookline owned McQuesten Lumber Co, a business that supplied lumber 

to shipbuilders all over New England throughout the 19th and early 20th century before being  

boughtout by the larger Hood Industries.

This was the first annual race to be held  the The Automobile Club  track across from their 

clubhouse in Brookline Mass.  There were 39 entries in 12 events on this"purpose built" half 

mile track.

No comments:

Post a Comment